There are several POS systems; each is designed to suit a particular business niche. The QuickBooks point of sale system is designed to suit the needs of retail stores. This POS software integrates effortlessly with the QuickBooks accounting software.
The cost of the point of sale software varies according to the version of QuickBooks. In this guide, we have provided information on the price and the distinguishing features of this POS.
What are the Features of QuickBooks Point of Sale System?
QuickBooks’ point of sale offers users an integration of valuable features and services. We have listed some of them below.
- QuickBooks offers a unique blend of management solutions suited to both online and in-store operations. The management solutions include cardless payments, inventory management of multiple channels, and ecommerce integration.
- One-time fee payment to obtain the software license. The starting price of the fee is $1,200
- QuickBooks’ point of sale is excellent for small and medium businesses with many branches.
- The POS is also well suited for retail store owners looking for all-in-one software that is capable of handling payroll and employee management.
What are the Pros and Cons of Purchasing QuickBooks Point of Sale System?
QuickBooks, like all point of sale software, has strong selling points as well as drawbacks. We have listed some of these pros and cons below.
- It has a free trial
- It streamlines day-to-day tasks and improves business efficiency.
- It is capable of performing tasks related to employee management as well as payroll tasks.
- Well-integrated features can effectively manage sales and stocks.
- It provides reports that can be customize to suit your needs.
- It offers excellent customer support.
- With QuickBooks POS, you have access to several reporting tools. These advanced reporting tools include balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow.
- It is more expensive than many other points of sale systems.
- As a result of the numerous integrated features, it can be quite complex to use.
- No support for the iPad.
Which Business Type is QuickBooks POS Best for?
QuickBooks point of sale is excellent for small and medium business enterprises that have multiple outlets. The unique features help owners of SMBE outlets effectively manage and transfer inventory between outlets.
How Can QuickBooks Help My Fast-Growing Retail Store?
- With QuickBooks POS, you can keep track of staff attendance, schedule, and performance.
- It is also possible to generate sales and inventory reports from the central location. Users can also get real-time updates via their mobile devices.
- Fast-growing retail stores can use this POS system to generate and analyze reports needed to make critical decisions.
- Like other points of sale systems, QuickBooks helps with inventory management.
- Its integration with the accounting system makes it possible for this POS system to efficiently manage payroll payments and manage employee reviews.
- The POS also integrates excellently with other QuickBooks business software.
How Much Does QuickBooks Point of Sale Cost?
The cost of one-time purchase for the QuickBooks POS differs according to the type. The typical price range for the software license is from $1,200 to $1,900.
The POS hardware is sold differently. The primary distinguishing factor between the QuickBooks types is access to certain features such as advanced reporting, payroll and employee management, and multi-store reporting and management.
1. Basic Package
The Basic package is best suited for startups and small retailers searching for standard solutions to business problems. Its features are listed below.
Features of Basic Package
- It is capable of optimizing checkout procedures.
- It accepts cardless payments
- Efficiently tracks and manages your inventory
- It integrates excellently with ecommerce platforms
- Efficient management of customer data
- Compatible with mobile devices and tablets
- It is capable of carrying out basic reporting tasks.
Cost – $1,200 per license
2. Pro Package
The QuickBook POS pro package is designed to suit the needs of medium-sized retail businesses with more advanced customer management and staff needs. The pro version has everything the Basic package does, plus the following features:
- It can generate purchase orders.
- It is capable of managing rewards and loyalty programs using data obtained from customer profiles.
- The Pro package comes with layaway and gift card offers.
- It can effectively manage staff schedules and payroll.
- You can schedule your monthly recurring bills complete with their due dates and automatically have checks printed when they are due.
- It is capable of advanced reporting
Cost: $1,700 per license
3. Multi-Store Package
This package is designed for businesses that handle multiple locations and store branches. Its features are similar to Pro; only this offers the ability to manage and transfer inventory between stores and perform advanced reporting functions per outlet. The Multi-Store QuickBooks POS package provides you with the skills of the Pro package with extra features.
Some of the features that distinguish Multi-store package from Pro package include:
- Wider payment options. With this package, you can accept all types of payments, including gift cards, contactless, and even mobile.
- Payment transactions are billed differently.
Cost: $1900 per license
Features of the Different QuickBooks POS Plan
|Cost Per License
|Desktop Data Sync
|Payroll and Employee Management
What Other Point of Sale System Can I Use for My Retail Business?
Two alternative retail POS are:
1. Square Point of Sale
The square POS offers retail stores premium functions at a very affordable price. Square POS offers free iPad POS support for free. The POS software can monitor customers’ purchases, track inventory, and simplify transactions.
- It is affordable, costing just $60 monthly.
- It has a free trial version.
- It is easy to use and has simplified navigation.
- The software is easy to install and offers your business increased flexibility.
- The charge on cardless transactions is high.
2. Shopify POS
Shopify point of sale is regarded as the best POS for ecommerce integration. It is an excellent choice for businesses that want to sell in-store and online.
- Excellent ecommerce integration
- Compatible with numerous hardware.
- Charges you for each transaction made except you use their payment processor.
QuickBooks POS is excellent for fast-growing retail businesses. It has unique features like custom reports, payroll management, and employee management. The cost of this POS ranges from $1200 to $1900. Take advantage of the unique features and packages QuickBooks POS has to offer.