The skin under the eyes tends to be thin, which is one reason wrinkles and dark circles accumulate there. Hydrating keeps the skin from becoming dry and flaky. Natural skin-care treatments around the eyes work basically the same as they would anywhere else on the body. You can improve the overall quality of your skin, including around the eyes, by giving certain areas special attention and eating a healthy diet.
You also need to learn these basics for your eyes’ care before you learn how to put on fake lashes as a lot of people go for these. Opting for a fake eyelash without knowing how to moisturize your eyes will damage your skin.
Use cucumber for eyes
- Wash the skin around your eyes twice a day. Avoid using any soap or washcloths. Lightly use your finger to cleanse the area with warm water.
- Lie on a couch or bed and place cucumber slices over your eyes. These serve to reduce inflammation and add moisture to the skin. Leave the cucumbers in place for 15 minutes.
- Dab a moisturizer just under the eyes, and blend it lightly with your finger, covering the dry skin.
- Set up a humidifier in your bedroom at night during the winter months to improve moisture in the skin.
Use of rose water
Rose petal does not only help in skin treatment it can also be used to make perfumes, medicine, and candy due to its aroma.
- Rosewater is very beneficial to the people suffering from dark circles. Use rose water in the affected area to cure dark circles.
- People with itchy skin may benefit from rosewater. Apply rose water on the area to soothe the itchiness.
- For women, it works as an anti-aging remedy. It encourages the regeneration of the skin. You can use it on the face, to prevent the development of wrinkles.
- Spray rosewater on your hair to get shiny radiant non-greasy hair.
- Use rosewater to get rid of hair fungi and dandruff.
- Apply rose water to heal wounds. You can also use it to soothe sunburns.
- Rosewater has a good scent, therefore, suitable to make spritz sprays and perfumes.
- Rosewater also acts as a moisturizer. Apply on your face and body after your bath.
How can Aloe Vera save your eyes
Aloe Vera gel has been used for centuries to moisturize, heal, and protect the skin. Extracted from the aloe plant, it contains 18 amino acids that work together to heal and soothe dry, irritated skin. Aloe is often used under the eyes as a treatment for dryness and wrinkles, and it contains essential vitamins and minerals that help to fight off free radicals that may cause wrinkling.
Moisturizing with Aloe Vera gel
Aloe Vera is said to provide critical moisture to the skin under the eyes. The delicate skin under the eyes can become dry and irritated from cleansing the skin, sunbathing, dehydration, and medications. Aloe Vera gel may help return moisture back into the skin and the gel is said to help keep the skin smooth while providing anti-inflammatory effects that help decrease those puffy under-eye bags.
Good use of water and diet for moisturizing your eyes
Following a nutritious diet is one essential part of making sure your eyes remain in good health. There are many foods that can help keep your vision sharp and prevent you from developing certain eye conditions. And if you live with a condition like chronic dry eye, consuming foods high in certain vitamins and minerals may ease your symptoms.