Carefully prepared marketing messages do not always reveal the reality behind the products of any company, especially a vast number of retail outlets for women’s clothing. It is the information on the shop floor which gives the actual truth, and this truth is captured by rating-based websites such as FourSquare, Yelp, and others. Reading through actual user ratings on such websites will help you evaluate retail outlets and their wholesale clothing suppliers.
Buy low but sell high
The basic rule of any business is to buy at a low price and be able to sell at a much higher rate. If you plan to start your own boutique, you will need to remember to purchase the best wholesale womens clothing, add your margin and then sell it. For this reason, it makes a lot of sense to get in touch with suitable wholesalers through suppliers.
Ensure that you have all the necessary licenses and permits to run your boutique in a legal fashion. In addition to city and state business licenses, you must secure your clothing business by purchasing business insurance, which will protect in against different kinds of risks.
Your business will become successful only when you determine an easily visible location for it. At the initial stage, you may have to walk the tightrope while balancing between budget and a popular location. Look at changing the location at a later date, if necessary.
Dealing with wholesale clothes vendors
Suppliers or distributors qualify as wholesale clothes vendors for your boutique. Finding them takes significant time and effort, but once done, they will become the pillars of your clothing business. You can start out by using different B2B forums and platforms to search for a genuine supplier. To do so, ensure that you follow the steps listed below:
- Go through reviews of suppliers and their products online before short listing them. Remember, there are many fake reviews on the Internet- you will need to rely on your judgment.
- The best way to verify supplier contact details is by sending an email to the supplier and waiting for acknowledgement
- You must not purchase a product from the supplier without careful inspection of an existing sample
While preparing the list of shortlisted suppliers, ask yourself the questions given below:
- Does the supplier have a user friendly website?
- Does he or she adhere to a returns policy?
- How many years has he or she spent in this business? Know about his or her past experience.
- Is this supplier capable of shipping fast?
- What reviews have B2B customers given for this supplier?
If you have sent several emails and made phone calls but still have been unable to get a positive response, you should follow the strategy outlined below.
Best ways to get replies for quotes
Every quote must be approached as a serious business inquiry on your part. Certain tips will help tweak your outreach emails so as to instantly grab the attention of the supplier:
- Always remember that courtesy is important, but one should not follow it up with beating around the bush. The conversation must be brought to the point without going back and forth much.
- Ensure that you plan questions you wish to ask. Queries to him or her must never be vague.
- Send a follow-up email of you do not get a response after three days
Follow your niche
Specialized manufacturing and marketing techniques are needed for every clothing niche. It is important for you to discover your target audience right at the beginning; you may diversify at a later date. For example, selling women’s clothing could be an excellent idea to satisfy your craving for diversity. If this task seems very difficult, simply spend some time surveying the area around you to know where the existing product market lacks.
Best way of knowing the market
One of the best ways to know what is happening on the shop floor is to grab the opportunity to visit a trade show. This can be initiated when you are thinking about starting a boutique, or when it has been established over a period of time. At this forum, you will get the opportunity to interact first hand with representatives and check samples prior to placing orders. Little wonder that word of mouth still plays the largest role in searching for suitable supplier, even in a digital era.
When you get in touch with others in the same field, it will help you draw energy from the environment and stimulate the best ideas for your store. In fact, you will be surprised to hear that one of the best places to pick up interesting clothes is a Magic Show. Some trade shows may even have organized such interesting events. So, what are you waiting for? It’s time you ran and had a look.