Diabetes is one of the most common words that we get to hear these days. In every family, you will get one person at least who is diabetic. And, it is no longer limited to the most elderly person of the family who has this disease. It can unfortunately be a child as well. The worst thing about this disease is that it works like a slow poison and weakens your body. You will not always have the strength to do the things that you enjoyed once. Also, you might have to visit the doctor often and may have to be under medication.
To constantly fight against the disease, you need quite a good amount of money since you will have to consume medicines on a daily basis. The patients with severe cases also have to take insulin, and thus, incur a hefty bill every month. If you have been diagnosed with diabetes lately, you can go for health insurance that will provide you the coverage for the treatment and you can save your hard-earned money. There are in fact several health insurance policies for diabetes patients which you can take a look at here.
Star Health Insurance – Diabetes Safe:
- The age limit of the insured has to be between 19 and 65 years
- This plan is for those who already have Diabetes Mellitus or are at risk for Diabetes Mellitus
- The sum assured is a minimum of INR 3 lakh and a maximum of INR 10 lakh
- It is available on either individual or family floater basis
- The plan covers all complications related to diabetes from the first day of the policy
- Pre-hospitalization expenses are covered for up to 30 days before hospitalization
- Post-hospitalization are covered for up to 60 days before after the insured is discharged from the hospital
- You can avail of Income tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
- Cashless hospitalization facility available at the network hospitals
- There are two plans under this policy; Plan A and Plan B.
ICICI Prudential – Diabetes Care:
- To take this plan, the age limit of the insured has to be between 25 and 60 years
- The plan is applicable for those who are suffering from pre-diabetes or type 2 diabetes
- The sum assured options that come with this plan include INR 3 lakh, INR 5 lakh, and INR 10 lakh
- You can also get diabetes enhanced benefit rider with this plan, in which 10% of the base sum assured
- If you have bought this policy and have been diagnosed after 1 year, you will receive 100% of the sum assured. If you get diagnosed between 6 and 12 months after the starting date of the policy, you will get 50% of the sum assured, and if it is diagnosed within 6 months of the starting date of the policy, you will only receive all the premiums that you have paid so far
- The fixed term of the policy is 5 years
- The insurance company will pay the claim only after 28 days of survival of the insured after he/she is diagnosed
- Insured has to undergo tests such as blood pressure tests, HbA1c tests, and pulse rate measuring every 4th and 8th month each year once the policy is in force. The tests are sponsored by the insurer
- The premiums are reduced if the insured can control as well as maintain their diabetes.
Like these two, there are other health insurance policies also for patients with diabetes. To find them and even know more about them, you can visit the IIFL website. You can get to know about each of the plans for diabetic patients in length.