Your face is the most prominent part of your body and no amount of attention can be enough for it. If after a complete face care routine you lack healthy skin, here is what you must be missing – a natural face wash!
Throughout the day, our face experiences various types of harshness and being exposed to the polluted environment isn’t the only one. The major reason for experiencing unhealthy skin conditions is the products we use, especially a face wash. The face requires a defined set of attention from morning till night. Besides, the types of products available in the market are not suitable for all skin types. What you must ensure before buying them is your skin type. Once you understand that, it will be easier for you to choose the right face wash.
So, before you purchase any new face wash this time, let’s understand your skin type!
Most skin problems happen because of using the wrong products. Knowing your skin type is important.
What is Your Skin Type?
Generally, there are three main skin types- oily, normal and dry. While oily skin is more prone to acne and blemishes, dry skin can experience rashes, itchiness, white patches, etc. Normal skin seems to be a blessing as it is a combination of perfect texture, elasticity and less prone to skin problems. In addition to these three skin types, there is sensitive skin and combination skin as well. You can take a skin type test to identify your own skin type.
Skin type test
There are two ways you can test your type of skin easily. These are the bare face method and blotting test.
Bare face method
- Wash your face with mild or natural face wash
- Pat dry and leave it without applying anything
- Wait for 30 minutes
Result: If your skin feels tight and parched, you have dry skin. If you see a lot of shine especially in the T-zone, you have oily skin. If your skin feels fine with little shine on your nose and forehead, you have a normal skin type.
This type of test is faster and easier.
- On the bare face, take some blotting paper and pat on your face with light hands.
Result: If the sheet has no oil, you have dry skin. If it is soaked in oil, you have oily skin and if it has a bit of oil, you have normal skin.
Sensitive and combination skin
Sensitive skin is more prone to several derma diseases such as rosacea, acne, or contact dermatitis. Combination skin, on the flip side, does not have any proper definition but according to dermatologists, if your skin is dry during winters and oily during summer, you are most likely to have combination skin. Many people also confuse it with having an oily T-zone while the rest of the face is dry or normal.
Buying the Right Face Wash for You
Now that you understand the type of skin and which one is yours, you can buy the right face wash for you. Here are a few natural ingredients you must check to ensure better results.
- Natural face wash with the goodness of tamanu and Kakadu plum can be the best product for sensitive skin to dry skin. Since these skin types are prone to various damages, tamanu has healing properties while Kakadu plum is a rich source of vitamin C, which will help restore skin’s natural texture and introduce shine and glow.
- Natural face wash infused with the goodness of tea tree, hemp and neem can be the best match for oily to sensitive skin. Tea tree is enriched with antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, it is used to calm redness, inflammation and burning sensation. Neem on the other hand possesses antibacterial properties, which treat acne, blemishes, etc. and hemp is known for its moisturising properties.
- Natural face wash having saffron, marula and ylang ylang can be the most suitable face wash for normal to combination skin type. While these types of skin are said to have minimum to no issues, maintaining the texture can be a hectic process. But with the help of natural ingredients like saffron, which is known for its rich nutrients contents and hydrating properties, looking after your skin is now easy. Marula helps restore moisture and has anti-ageing properties while ylang ylang balances natural oil secretion.
In addition to the above ingredients, you can consider honey, aloe vera, olive, castor, coconut, vitamin E, essential oils, etc in the face wash. However, it is important to choose an organic face wash as they are naturally made using organic ingredients and are free from any preservatives, colours and scents. These products can also heal existing skin problems and promote skin texture with regular use. So, next time you decide to purchase any face wash, remember to choose the right product that not only suits your budget but also your type of skin.