When you are expecting, the two most common options before you are a normal delivery or a C-section. However, in most cases, it is the doctor who decides the better suited for you depending on your health and other risk factors. Read on to find some effective normal delivery tips for expecting mothers.
What is normal delivery?
Natural birthing refers to the process of giving birth through the vaginal canal. Most mothers prefer normal delivery to avoid the surgery-related complications associated with a C-section. In some cases, some mothers opt for pain medication and other interventions to soften the pain of normal delivery.
Who can have a normal delivery?
A normal delivery, despite the pain of labor, is preferred by mothers as it is considered to be the healthiest. Unfortunately, normal delivery isn’t an option for many mothers if the risk is considered to be high. Some of the risk factors include age, medical and surgical history, size, and position of the baby, etc.
How does normal delivery happen?
Birthing can be a scary process but once you get through the tunnel, the baby will make it all worth it. The birthing process happens in three stages:
- Dilation of the cervix. This is the beginning of labor, which can start with you experiencing mild discomfort on your lower abdomen. You may begin to have contractions and your water may break.
- Birthing. You will be taken over by the urge to push the baby out of your body. By concentrating on breathing, you should give in and start pushing.
- Removal of the placenta. Once the baby appears, you will also have to push once more to expel the placenta from your uterus to prevent infection.
You can get in touch with a doctor for further queries on a doctor online app.
Normal delivery tips
Before you read up on these normal delivery tips, bear in mind that even when you are most prepared, emergencies during labor can still lead to a C-section. Here are a few impactful normal delivery tips:
- Healthy lifestyle: As an expecting mother, it is necessary that you take care of your health. A healthy lifestyle of proper food, water, exercise, sleep, and nutrition can induce a normal delivery.
- Healthy Mind: Pregnancy can be a stressful time and delivery can make you anxious. Indulging in peaceful recreational activities can keep your mind at ease.
- Body Movement: When you engage in yoga and other movement activities, it can increase your chances of a normal delivery.
- Trained Labor Support: This can be a hired professional or any member of your family you are comfortable with, who can practice breathing exercises with you before you go into labor.
- Perineal Massages: Resorting to these massages during the last weeks of your pregnancy can prepare your vagina for birthing.
- Breathing Exercises: Breathing is a significant normal delivery tip that can help during labor. Besides, it can also help relieve stress, aid you in relaxing, and boost the intake of oxygen that is required for you and your baby.
Apart from these, it is also required of you to keep a check on your weight, stay positive, and research to be informed about normal delivery. By relying on a doctor online app, you can get detailed normal delivery tips.