Today, let’s know how to combine reports in QuickBooks. Here, we are describing a combination of reports from several companies multiple data files. QuickBooks is highly reliable. Many companies’ reporting options allow you to create reports combining multiple balance sheets – in all of these ways, you’ll be able to transfer to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet file. There are several ways to do this, using the inbuilt feature of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, through a third-party application, or manually using an Excel sheet.
Consider some basic information before combining reports in QuickBooks
- Make your chart in the company chart in a way that you can easily read the combined report.
- Accounts will be added if they are named, the same type, and at the same hierarchical level in each report.
- The accounts which will not be consolidated are-
- Accounts at various levels. For example, a telephone account is not associated with a telephone subaccount.
- Grammar Difference. For example, the telephone is not aligned with the phone.
- Separate account number.
- An account with and without an account number.
- Accounts are classified via type. Within each type, the first company file lists the accounts in order of changes. Then, the accounts of the other files of the company are added in the order they appear.
- You have to log in to your files and convert them to multi-user mode.
You can use this feature in QuickBooks Desktop, third-party apps, or manually in Excel
Option 1: – Combine the report into the QuickBooks desktop
In QuickBooks Desktop, you can easily combine multiple company files. Listed below: –
- Balance sheet standard
- Balance sheet summary
- Profit and loss standard
- Profit and loss by class
- statement of Cashflows
- trial balance
How to add a report:
- From the QuickBooks Reports menu, select Coalition Reports of several companies.
- Choose Add files, locate another company file, then choose Open. Repeat for additional files.
- Under Select Reports to Combine, select the reports you want to combine.
- Choose a report and date range, then select based on a report.
- Choose the aligned report in Excel. The Microsoft Excel spreadsheet will open with the combined information.
Option 2: Use a Third-Party Application
For QuickBooks desktop, use third-party software. From multiple company data files, many of these programs can produce composite reports. You can search for the options available on the Intuit Marketplace.
Option 3: Use Microsoft Excel
- Open the first data file
- Create a report for this file
- Export report to excel worksheet
- Save workbook
- Close the first data file
- Open another data file in another data file
- Export this workbook to a new Excel worksheet in the same workbook
- Save this file
- Open Microsoft Excel and open the workbook
- Manually combine the two reports in the third worksheet.
- Save workbook
I hope this article will make it very easy to understand how you can add reports from multiple company files. This is a simple and easy way to execute all three options described above. To save time, you can also talk to QuickBooks experts on the QuickBooks customer service phone number.