Helping your business become a household name can be done with the help of social media. If you’ve tried it on platforms like Facebook or LinkedIn but want to explore another platform, TikTok may perhaps help you gain that traffic you need.
TikTok isn’t just about dancing and lip-synching. If you spend a little time there, you’ll find lawyers, doctors, and even scientists creating videos that gain thousands of views and likes.
Thus, if you think TikTok is appropriate for marketing your business, here are three tips to get you started:
- Define Your Audience
TikTok may be a very young social media platform that can appear intimidating to some. It still, however, follows the basic tenets of digital marketing. Hence, before you launch content creation for your business, ensure you know your audience.
There are 1 billion monthly active users on TikTok, and these subscribers are shown videos that align to an algorithm specific to their interests. Knowing precise details about your audience, like the creators they follow, what time they usually log on, the type of content they like, aside from the primary demographic data, will help you land on the right side of TikTok that’s appropriate for your brand.
- Get More Likes and Follows
One reason to use TikTok for your business is to help you gain traction. What you want to have on TikTok is a very active account. Likes, number of followers, the total number of views, and views per video are just some of the metrics you should be monitoring to get the social proof you need. How do you get people to engage with your videos, though?
- Piggy-back On Trends: One of the best ways to boost your brand’s presence on TikTok is to ride on these trends through the following:
- Hashtags: Riding on trendy hashtags on TikTok will open doors for your business. Aside from increasing your visibility to your potential market, you’ll also discover possible content inspiration, your competitors, and potential collaborators.
- Sound: Like piggy-backing on hashtags, using trending sounds can also help you reach people who follow creators or videos that used these sounds. Using a trending sound increases the views of your videos and can also add followers to your account.
- Filters: Filters are effects that you can add to your videos to catch more attention. Like trending sounds and hashtags, trending filters allow you to ride on popular content styles and adapt them for your business.
- Collaborate With Influencers: One of the good things about TikTok is you can be an influencer even if you’re not a celebrity. There are several influencers on TikTok whom you can tap for collaborations. These collaborations, however, come with a price unless they’re family members or friends who agree to do it for free. Collaborating with an influencer helps you gain followers and likes from their TikTok accounts. However, you have to ensure you have contracts on hand to protect both them and your business if anything unfortunate happens.
- Buy TikTok Likes: You may want to buy auto-likes for your account aside from growing your audience organically. If done correctly, this strategy can help you be part of the top-ranking TikTok accounts in your niche. Finding an app or a provider who can do this for you is easy enough because the best site to buy TikTok auto likes is within your reach.
- Create Your Brand’s Optimized Profile
TikTok is still relatively new compared to other social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Still, it is an excellent way to boost traffic and engage with their market.
To ensure that you get the best experience on this platform, you must follow these simple steps:
- Choose “Business Profile”: The business profile gives you access to the business suite. This is the dashboard you go to when you need to register your company to TikTok, access the analytics, create and monitor promotions, and see what’s trending in the business creative hub section.
- Optimize Your Profile: An optimized profile shows your target market that you’re a serious and legitimate business entity. Optimizing your profile results in the following:
- Official status: Use your business name to make your profile official in the viewers’ eyes.
- Linking back: Maximize this piece of real estate on TikTok by using the link box to bring traffic back to your website or other pages you promote.
- Description requirement: Tell them who you are and what you do in 80 characters or less. Make it short and snappy to catch your audience’s attention.
- Setting up your logo as a profile picture: Another way to help with name recall is by using your logo as your profile picture.
- Call to action (CTA): Always include a CTA to create urgency and increase the conversion rate.
Creating a marketing strategy that includes TikTok is one excellent way to boost your brand’s traction. TikTok is still growing, and more brands are joining in the fun it brings; hence, what better time to be on it than now. Dismiss naysayers who tell you otherwise. Maximize this platform’s reach and popularity by creating inspiring, educational, and entertaining content.