Before a b2b digital marketing agency starts offering potential customers the company’s brand, he has to find out who the customer is. However, another more important point is that you must know about who you are and what you offer. You can’t just write somebody and expect that the person will buy from you without you having to win his trust first. As a matter of fact, at the very beginning of a b2b campaign you start not with a customer but a lead. It means that everything starts with guessing whether a person or company might potentially want to buy from you and adding them to your list of potentially solid leads.
What does b2b lead generation imply? In 2021 a b2b digital marketing agency is free to enjoy all the possibilities digital marketing provides. Any of your potential clients is sure to use the Internet so that’s the primary tool.
- check out what potential customers are subscribed to, visit companies’ websites. Today there is a lot of social networks where people show what they think and wish and where industries advertise themselves;
- start advertising your brand with the help of digital and online resources can effectively attract potential customers’ attention;
- posting invitations to cooperation on Facebook or Twitter may be a real way to go;
- forget that those in need of your product will actively look forward to cooperating with someone like you so use SEO to put your website on a higher position in Google, Yahoo etc.
Let’s deal with the main b2b lead generation strategies in a more detailed way so that you can use them for b2b digital marketing.
What’s the essence of the B2B lead generation process?
The idea of b2b lead generating process is to personalize communication with the future targets of your sales; those outside of the circle of your business interest should be mildly drawn into it. To do that you need to know a number of important details about a lead including the names of companies, e-address, job titles of persons in charge of decision making in a company and so on. To be successful in getting solid b2b leads you have to:
- find out who the client or what the customer company is into and so on;
- find out or at least guess what they might need;
- use mass media to attract their attention and show you have what they might need.
You have to know who exactly you are going to sell your product to and have a clear image of what your potential business leads should be like. On the stage of lead generation a b2b salesman has to differentiate his clients on the basis of their needs, preferences, company size and so on. Another vital point is to assess your own abilities and know whether you are ready to satisfy this particular client’s needs.
What you may also really need here is analysis skills. There will probably be a lot of leads on your lists but after you’ve put everything you could on it, it’s time to think and get rid of those who aren’t likely to cooperate. Besides, it’s always a good thing to try finding out if a target company already works with someone or not. Then you just put them off the list and concentrate on those who are most likely to become your loyal clients.
Prepare for sales following these steps in outside scanning for leads
The process of generating leads includes 4 steps.
Step 1. Find potential leads.
The “leads” here stands for customers or companies in search of what you offer. As you’ve understood, digital marketing provides quite a number of operational opportunities in this sense. Among them is social media advertising, putting an invitation to co-op on the landing page of your website and some more. Plus SEO optimization for your website, of course.
Step 2. Reach out to the leads you’ve found
After having completed step 1 you are going to have a list of those potentially willing to work with you. Now it’s time to start establishing personalized communication with them. Usual means of contacting potential customers is initiating email campaigns, using posting and blogging for interaction.
Step 3. Qualify your leads.
In the process of communicating with people and companies you start seeing if they are likely to buy from you or not. Prospects themselves go through several phases.
1) Awareness and research. First, they are aware of the fact that they need something and search for a solution to the problem; as you understand, it’s you who must become this solution.
2) Consideration. After having completed the search for solutions, a prospect considers which of them is the best one.
3) Decision making. Among all the salesmen the prospect has found he needs to find the one meeting his needs best.
Step 4. Close the deal. The prospect knows he is going to buy from you and then he is your customer.
As soon as a prospect becomes your customer, it’s time for you to start discussing his buying your product. But what if your IP and domain happen to have a poor reputation and lose a client you’ve just found? Avoiding it is easy with the help of super software for email deliverability – a most powerful email checker from Folderly.
Make b2b lead generation easier with these simple hints
In order to make searching for leads and later sales maximum successful it’s advised that you follow several simple tricks.
1. Don’t be shy to use CTAs on your website’s landing page, in b2b messages and advertisements. It’s a good trick thanks to which a prospect can be assured that he doesn’t need to postpone it but should do it as soon as possible. In order to help a potential customer not to forget about the necessity to “sign up right now” CTAs are usually put at the top of the page or scroll with it. By the way, one CTA should be enough, don’t overdo it. And another good thing to do is to make CTAs in the form of visual buttons containing text describing the action asked to be taken.
2. Creating and repurposing content. What is meant by this is writing texts or making visuals with keywords. Another possible way is making a “best of” list or grouping content somehow else and suggesting visitors’ downloading it as an eBook or something. Don’t forget about the importance of shareable content. Anything containing info on your brand that a prospect can share is highly likely to be your prospect source.
3. Creating tempting offers. You have to be really tempting so that a prospect couldn’t but wish to cooperate with you and start talking business. Give potential customers enticing content like free trial periods, bonuses and so on. On the whole, offer them the possibilities of cooperation without hitting their wallet too much.