The profession of a JS-developer is prestigious and you can master it in different ways: at the university, at specialized courses or independently, drawing information on the Internet. In any case, the threshold for entering this profession is considered relatively low, but in the future it is necessary to constantly improve your knowledge and skills. If we talk about step-by-step instructions for mastering this field of activity, it may look like this:
- Memorize basic concepts, such as functional and object-oriented JS;
- Independently, through trial and error, determine the most convenient toolkit for yourself: a browser, a code editor, an operating system, etc .;
- Master Node.js technology;
- Learn to distinguish between non-relational and relational databases;
- Try out at least one of the JS frameworks in practice.
This is not a complete list of those skills that a future developer should master, but if you have patience and persistently go to the intended goal, then the result will definitely come. In addition, it is necessary to take into account the requirements that employers impose on employees in this area. Of course, the demand for beginners is relatively small, but if you immediately prove yourself on the positive side, you can count on long-term cooperation.
In addition to professional qualities, employers pay attention to the personal qualities of their future employees, among which perseverance, concentration, attentiveness and concentration are taken into account. It is desirable that the programmer is able to communicate with customers and colleagues.