All know Aadhaar Card is necessary for India for all citizens. All people must have a valid Aadhaar Card whether it’s male or female, minor or child, young or senior citizen. There are government offices in almost all cities to create an Aadhaar Card. Aadhaar Card enrolment process is almost similar for children and adults but it is quite different for minors.
For children Aadhaar Card, parents must visit the Aadhaar card office and fill the enrolment form. There is no cost for enrolling Aadhaar card for children. For applying child Aadhaar Card parents must visit the nearest Aadhaar card office and fill the form. No need to pay any fee as Aadhaar card for children is free of cost.
If child is less than 5 years then biometric data will not be captured. A Unique Identification (UID) will be given by considering demographic areas and linked photos of parents to their UID. It is the responsibility of parents to take the child to the enrolment office once he/she is 5 years old to update demographic data -biometrics of ten fingers, facial photo, and iris scan. Again when a child gets 15 years old again needs to update demographic data -biometrics of ten fingers, facial photo, and iris scan.
According to UIDAI, this is necessary to update this data for children so that they can use their Aadhaar card easily when they need it.
So following is the process How to apply for Aadhaar card for Children:
- Visit nearest Aadhaar card center to apply for child Aadhaar Card
- You must have a parent or guardian’s Aadhaar and child’s birth certificate.
- If child is less than 5 years then Biometric data will not be captured.
- Child’s Aadhaar Card (UID) will be linked to parent’s Aadhaar.
Documents required applying for Aadhaar Card for Children
- Birth certificate of child or you can take a photo of the child (issued by his/her school)
- Aadhaar card details of parents
- Address proof of parents
Steps to book an online appointment for Aadhaar Card for Children
- Open UIDAI’s official website
- Click on “Aadhaar Card Registration” Link
- Fill the required personal details like Child Name, Mobile Number, and Email ID of parents.
- Fill demographics details
- Click on “Fix Appointment” button
- Take the print out of successful form registration
- Visit the Aadhaar Enrolment office on the scheduled date carrying all documents for verification.
- An enrolment officer will verify documents and after verification child’s biometric details will be linked with parents Aadhaar Card.
Now your process of Apply for Aadhaar Card for Children is complete.