In this report, we shall tell you the full working and tested private method of creating a .edu email. One can get .edu emails for free when they get admission at a college or other institution. The general format of these emails is
“email@example.com“, for this reason, these are called .edu emails. But here you will learn how to create .edu emails if you are not a student of any university or institution or if your university or college does not give this to you for free.
Why create .edu emails?
Educational emails are one of the top email extensions. Many companies provide offer and free services to .edu emails, As these emails are provided by colleges and institutions only. Now we will know about the offers and services provided to .edu emails.
Top 5 Offers to .edu emails
For students with .edu email accounts, Autodesk provides a high number of free software licenses which is greatly beneficial. You just have to register on their website with your .edu email account and you will get access to download the software license.
How to download a free software license from Autodesk?
Step 1: Go to the official Website of Autodesk https://www.autodesk.com/ and click on “sign-in” from the top right-hand corner on the website.
Step 2: Select the Education community from the drop-down menu and create an account.
Step 3: Now select your country, student roll and date of birth.
Step 4: Now put in your credentials and .edu email ID which will lead you to the sign-up page where you have to give your institution name and complete your registration.
Step 5: After finishing the registration you will get an email that will allow you to download a free license.
2. Google G Suite for education
Students get some special benefits from Google and one of the best benefits provided by Google for students is signing up with a G Suite account you can get free storage of 1 TB, that allows you to store images, videos, ebooks etc. without having to be worried about running out of space.
But, the only thing to worry about is whether you can enjoy these benefits as long as your college or university provides you with an active .edu email account. So, for enjoying these benefits after college you need to follow the instructions we will give you later in this report.
3. Microsoft Office and Azure
For the students and teachers with .edu email accounts, Microsoft offers a wide variety of free software and big discounts including Microsoft Office 365 free for students.
If you have a .edu email account then you can sign up for Microsoft Azure and get an Azure student account worth $100 free credit. You can also create RDP using this method for free.
4. Amazon Prime
Amazon prime provides many special offers for students with .edu email accounts. One of the offers is they give a 6 months trial prime account to you, using which you can get many benefits such as getting 2 days confirmation delivery on products you ordered for free shipping, special college deals without extra charges for delivery.
With the .edu email account, you can also save up to 90% on textbooks and 6 months free trial on Amazon Prime Video. For availing all these benefits you need to register on Amazon prime with your .edu email account after visiting the link https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Student/b?node=668781011 and you need to have a credit card or you can use a virtual card.
5. Github Student Developer Card
If you have a .edu email ID Github Student Developer Card, then it provides you with many offers and free stuff including $1000 worth free stuff.
That is the biggest benefit of having a .edu email. It is very important to sign up for a Student Developer Pack on Github.
You just need to follow some easy steps and your registration will be done.
Step 1: Click on the link given below https://education.github.com/pack
Step 2: Click on the ” get your pack ” button on the middle of the page.
Step 3: You can request for a discount and fill up the sign-up form on the next page.
Step 4: Now you have to wait for 5 days for them to reply.
Once you are given a student pack on GitHub, you are allowed to get the best advantages of your .edu email account. The provided benefits include AWS credit bonus worth up to $110 for a total of $75-$150, Bitnami Business 3 which is generally $49/month free for one year, a DataDog Pro Account including 10 servers.
Free for 2 years, DigitalOcean $50 in platform credit for new users, Github unlimited private repositories normally worth $7 per month while you are a student, Namecheap one-year SSL certificate which normally costs $9 per year and one-year domain name registration on the .me Ltd for free.
Now, if you are upset about thinking about what you are missing because of not having a .edu email, we will suggest you not to worry. Now we will learn how to create a .edu email account. Just follow the instructions given and create your .edu account for free. Then you will also enjoy all the benefits that you have been missing till now.
How to Create a .edu email for Free?
We have divided the whole process of creating .edu email into 2 steps. Now let’s discuss the process stepwise.
Step 1: First Step for Creating Free Edu email
- The first step of opening Edu email is to sign up. To sign up click on the link https://idp.openccc.net/idp/profile/SAML2/Redirect/SSO?execution=e1s1. After opening the website first click on “Create an Account” and the “Begin Creating My Account “.
- USA citizens can fill up the information directly. But if you are not an US citizen, click on the link we have given below https://www.fakeaddressgenerator.com/World_Address/get_us_address to generate fake information of California and use that to register. Remember to keep the age within 21 to 23, if more than that then decrease while signing up.
- Now fill in the account creation application with the data you have generated. Select “I have no middle name”. And also select no for the previous name, no for preferred name and none for the suffix. Then click on “Continue”.
- Enter email and US phone number, if you don’t have a US phone number then click https://toptechpal.com/free-phone-number-lookup/ to get the number. Don’t give any second phone number.
- Then enter the address you have generated and continue. If it shows we can’t find your address, just click on ok and check I verify my address and continue.
- Create user id, password and pin.
- Select your preferred security questions and solve the captcha. Then click on “Create My Account “.
Step 2: Second step to creating free .edu email
As only US citizens can fill the application with their own information, here we will learn the process for non-US citizens. Those who are not a US citizen, following these steps:
- Click on continue and sign in with your username and password. Now select Orange Coast College from the list of institutions and click on “Start My Application”.
- Select a term that is near to the date you are applying. Now select an undecided goal and choose any major subject. Then click on “Continue”.
- Now, click on “My mailing address is the same as the Permanent Address in my OpenCCC Account above” and then continue.
- Next, select the first time after leaving high school. Also, select “Received High School Diploma from US School” and select a date within a year before applying for this application. Now, select yes and no respectively.
- Select “I attended high school” and select California state. Select schools either Apple Valley High or Sacramento High. You can select your own information if you are from the US.
- Select G.P.A above 3-4, select 12th grade AP English composition and literature,
- grade “A” and also select Algebra 1, Grade A as well. Now, click in continue.
- Select US citizen and military status as none
- Select California residency yes and other no and no.
- Select yes in every field. Athletic interest as no Select any of the given programmes and then continue.
- Select your gender and sexual orientation as straight.
- Select the Guardian education level as a high school graduate and continue.
- Click latino or Hispanic as ‘no and race white, European.
- Select the city Austin and state California.
- Now select No, No, 12 and game respectively.
- Check every field and I consent and submit your application. Then just click continue and complete your application process.
- After finishing the whole process, wait for a few days, then you will get an email with .edu email login data.
Now, you will be able to create a .edu email account for free and enjoy all the advantages that come along with it. If you want to know more such tips and tricks, keep an eye on our website regularly.