Many of us use Outlook 2007 and it is very easy to know that the Outlook program is 32 bit. But for the ones who do not have it, it becomes quite difficult to find out the Outlook version they are using.
Here we will talk about how you can know and find out the Outlook version you are using is 32 bit or 64 bit. But before let’s know the benefit they each come with.
What are the Advantages of Using 64 Bit over 32 Bit?
The advantages of using 64 bit over 32 bit are given as follows.
- 64 bit provides smooth working along with the large data sets of Excel, PowerPoint and many other Office files.
- It provides better management and handling of the videos, animations and images that are used in PowerPoint.
- It allows you to develop in-house Office solutions.
- 64 bit ensures quick and efficient working of the files that are over 2 GB.
- It uses more RAM so that the applications can run smoothly and easily.
- It works very fast with large access databases files.
What are the Advantages of Using 32 Bit over 64 Bit?
The advantages of using 32 Bit over 64 Bit are
- 32 bit allows you to run 32 bit COM add-ons in the 32-bit Office with no 64-bit alternative.
- It allows you to run 32-bit control in a 32-bit office such as Microsoft Windows common control.
- The VBA code uses declare statements here.
- It offers 32-bit MAPI applications for Outlook.
- It allows you to run 32 bit OLE server applications along with the 32-bit version of the Office that is installed.
- It allows you to edit the datasheet in SharePoint server 2010 if you choose to use a 32-bit Office.
- In 32 bit words, you can easily run legacy word equation editors or run the WLL files.
- If offers an old embedded media file in the PowerPoint presentation that has no 64-bit codec available.
How You Can Find Out If Your Outlook is 32 bit Or 64 bit !!
If you have Outlook 2007 then it is 32 bit because outlook 2007 comes with a 32-bit package only. In order to find out how to know the Outlook is 32 bit or 64 bit, you need to follow the steps given below.
● Step 1: Go to File options
First, you need to go to File options in Outlook
● Step 2: Go to the Help option
You will find a help option on the left column. It means you have Outlook 2010
● Step 3: Office Account
In order to know if the Outlook version is a 32 bit or 64-bit package, you need to look to the right of the version number.
If you have Outlook 2013 then you need to go to File and you will find an Office Account option.
To check the 32 bit or 64 bit you need to click on the About Outlook option.
● Step 4: Finish
On following the previous step you will know if you have a 32-bit Outlook or a 64-bit Outlook after the version number.
MS Outlook is the universally accepted email application that many users prefer to use. But these people do not know the small things it comes with.
Many of the users also do not know how to check the Outlook version. To know the Outlook version you need to follow the steps mentioned in the discussion here above. If you still find it difficult then you can search on YouTube watch explanatory tutorials to know them from a closer view and avoid making errors.