Halloween is always more fun with the coveted Halloween contact lenses. With these lenses, you can go full crazy and when it is time for Halloween there is nothing wrong in doing so. In fact, it is the only time of the year where going full crazy is the right thing to do. And nothing provides the effect like the special effect Halloween contact lenses do. You can bring your Halloween costume to life with the Halloween eye contacts. The appearance with contact lenses for Halloween looks so terrifying.
While this sounds all great fun, Halloween contact lenses are so perfect that people often forget about the precautions that come with them. Halloween contact lenses are a great Halloween accessory, but you must realize that they are medical devices. And because of that, you are required to follow the instructions your doctor give you and the guidelines mentioned on the packaging of your lenses. That’s right, you need to get a prescription from your doctor. That is the first way of ensuring safety when you use your favourite Halloween contact lenses.
In order to keep your Halloween all fun and games, you must always stay on the safe side.
Because of that, we are going to discuss everything that you must DO with your Halloween contact lenses and what you MUST NOT DO. Follow below
- Always find the Halloween contact lenses that suit your Halloween costume and your facial makeup. Even though for Halloween almost any contact lenses will work as you just need a freaky look. But choosing the Halloween contacts that blend in with your costume is always the best.
- When it comes to Halloween makeup it is better to get the makeup kit that is used with Halloween contact lenses to ensure safety.
- Now when you are about to touch your contact lenses, do wash your hands with soap and hot water and dry them off.
- After placing the lenses keep blinking so that the eyes and lenses stay dry for as long as possible.
- It is better to put your Halloween contact lenses before applying makeup and also before washing away your makeup.
- Even though you have the right makeup kit it is still important to keep your lenses away from every sort of cosmetic product. Whether they are eyeliner, eye shadow or primer. Keep your lenses inside the case and keep it somewhere safe.
- If you feel pain while wearing lenses, take them off. After that, you must consult with your doctor.
Below mentioned are the DONTs of the Halloween contact lenses that you must follow.
- Your Halloween contact lenses come with a disinfectant solution that is made for cleaning those lenses. You must not use any homemade solutions or water to clean your contact lenses. This can contaminate and damage your Halloween contact lenses.
- Sharing of your Halloween contact lenses, or any other lenses for that matter is not allowed. You must not, in any case, share your Halloween eye contacts, no matter how cool they look even with your friends and family. Sharing of contact lenses can cause eye infections and transmit serious eye diseases.
- The contact lenses you are using or the ones you are going to buy will come with an expiry date. Whether they are daily disposable, weekly disposable or extended contact lenses, they all will have an expiry date. Once your coloured Halloween lenses expire you must dispose of them off. Never use your coloured lenses after their expiry date. Buy new ones if you want to use.
- If your contact lenses are not extended contact lenses then you must not wear them when you go to bed. Make sure to remove your contact lenses before you go to bed. Otherwise, your eyes will get dry and it can cause a corneal abrasion.
- In case, if by mistake, you forget to take off your Halloween contact lenses or coloured contact lenses before sleeping, you don’t need to panic. Wake up, realize, then re-wet your eyes with eye drops and then take off the lenses.
- Never buy your Halloween or coloured contact lenses from flea markets or beauty salons. Also, stay away from shady dealers and retail stores. Most of them do not have the license to sell these products and they are giving away low-quality products. These low-quality products are either recycled or damaged that can really hurt your eyes.
These are some of the important DOs and DONTs of Halloween contact lenses. It is crucially important that you follow these rules if you want to have a safe Halloween. It is always better to be safer than being sorry. Halloween is about having fun so do not turn it into a nightmare.