Putting on make-up when you have sensitive skin is just like opening that box of chocolates Forrest Gump has. You never know if you’re going to get dramatic eyes or a rash. For delicate beauties, experts recommend mineral-based make-up or fragrance-free, hypoallergenic formulas.
To make things easier for you, here’s a rundown of the best eye make-ups for people with sensitive skin.
- 100% Pure
One of the top natural make-up brands today, 100% Pure is committed to creating skincare products and make-up that are free from harmful ingredients and toxins. The company doesn’t use artificial fragrances or colors. They also eschew the use of synthetic preservatives. Their organic approach has already gained the approval of numerous health organizations. Some of their best sellers include:
- Creamy Long Last Eyeliner: This product has received rave reviews from users who report it doesn’t cause itching or stinging. The eyeliner lists shea butter and jojoba oil among its ingredients, which helps it glide on smoothly and stay on for one whole day. You can choose from a variety of shades, like Blackest, Dark Cacao, and Gleaming Pewter.
- Fruit-Pigmented Eye Shadow: One of the brand’s bestsellers, it blends in flawlessly, can last for hours, and doesn’t irritate sensitive eyes. It’s vegan, and as the name implies, it is made with fruit pigments. You can select from 12 cool shades.
- Ultra-Lengthening Mascara: Get the dramatic eyes you desire with the Ultra-Lengthening Mascara in Black Tea. It counts berry, cocoa, and black tea pigments among the ingredients. The product has been consistently getting good reviews from customers who praise the mascara for being safe for those with allergies or eyes that are prone to tears.
One of the top brands when it comes to hypoallergenic skin products and eye make-ups. Almay prides itself on the rigorous testing their products undergo for irritants and toxins. These tests ensure that their make-up doesn’t contain any ingredients that can irritate sensitive eyes. More importantly, Almay products are very affordable and are available at your local drugstore and department store. Here are some products you might want to check out:
- Intense I-Color Eyeshadows: One set is comprised of three shades that perfectly complement each other. It’s easy to apply and leaves you with a silky finish.
- Smart Shade CC Concealer + Brightener: You don’t have to deal with dark circles with this concealer. Specially designed for sensitive skin, it’s guaranteed not to cause itchiness, redness, or watery eyes.
- Cleure Eyeliner Powderliner Pencil
If you want an eyeliner that doesn’t leave you with red eyes, then Cleure Powderline Pencil is a sensible option. It’s specially formulated to be free of artificial fragrances, gluten, parabens, and salicylates. It’s also free from animal-derived products, making it a cruelty-free and environmentally conscientious choice. It’s also a favorite among beauty experts because of its smooth and even texture and staying power.
Clinique has made its mark for being one of the first to offer hypoallergenic make-up, and it has never looked back since. Their products are developed without using any known allergens, making them perfect for those with sensitive eyes and for people who wear comfortable contact lenses.
- Clinique High Impact Mascara: You can enjoy long, silky eyelashes and bright eyes with this mascara. The company’s unique formula defines every lash while boosting its length and volume. It also doesn’t have any fibers that can flake off, so there’s minimal risk of irritation. The mascara’s dark hue is both dramatic and eye-friendly.
- Brow Shapers: You’ll always have perfectly shaped brows with Brow Shapers. The pressed powder comes with a brush angled for easy application.
- Physicians Formula
True to its name, Physicians Formula is one brand that many eye doctors recommend. Their products are specially formulated for people with sensitive skin and eyes and do not contain parabens or any fragrance. They also have an Organic Wear line that’s free from gluten, GMOs and synthetic hues. Like Almay, you can easily find this brand in local drugstores.
- Eye Definer Liquid Eyeliner: It looks remarkably like a felt-tip eye marker but glides on seamlessly.
- Shimmer Strips: You get two products for the price of one with Shimmer Strip. This set of five shades can be used as both an eyeshadow and a bronzer. It comes in a variety of shades and can be used either separately or mixed to create a new hue.
- Organic Wear 100% Natural Lash Boosting Mascara: You’ll get the length, volume, and healthy lashes with regular use of this mascara. It uses ingredients that will improve the health of your lashes, so they’ll grow longer and become stronger.
This Canadian brand has made its mark around the world by offering affordable, hypoallergenic, and cruelty-free make-up. Their high-quality ingredients and stand against animal testing make them more than a brand with a conscience; beauty experts also love the following –
- Waterproof Eyeliner: This pencil should be a staple in your make-up kit if you prefer the tight-lining style. It’s hypoallergenic and fragrance-free. Ophthalmologists have thoroughly tested it as well. The sharp and precise tip glides on smooth and looks creamy and soft. It’s also sweat-proof and waterproof so that you can use it for any occasion.
- Eyebrow Pen: Something as innocuous as an eyebrow pen can also trigger an allergy attack. Luckily, the Marcelle Eyebrow Pen will prevent that from happening. It’s made without alcohol, fragrances, or parabens.
- Eyeshadow Quad: Don’t let allergies or sensitive skin get in the way of you having captivating, dramatic eyes. The Marcelle Eyeshadow Quad is a compact case with four beautiful shades. The pigments have a creamy texture that glides smoothly and won’t crease even after several hours. Be bold as the shimmery shades have been tested by ophthalmologists and won’t turn your eyes red or teary.
- Shany Eye and Lip Primer
Shany is a company with a conscience. The company is a card-carrying member of PETA and do not test their products on animals. Their eyeshadow primer is guaranteed not to cause irritation or redness. It is hypoallergenic and free from parabens and talc. The product is also imbued with vitamins to keep skin soft and healthy. Shany’s primer is also waterproof, so your make-up won’t smear or have creases.
Allergies and sensitive skin won’t hold you back from looking beautiful. With these make-up brands, you can look fabulous without suffering from breakouts and rashes.