Windows 10 users face virtual box not opening issues after upgrading windows. If you are searching for the easiest ways for VirtualBox not working on windows 10 then follow this blog-post from start to end.
VirtualBox is a hypervisor VM system on a device built by Oracle to run and access a virtual machine. The most common managers of virtual machines that can run almost all operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Mac, OS/2, Haiku, and so on. Typically, in the same setting, many of us use it to run a specific OS.
How to Fix Virtualbox Not Opening Issue?
If you are a VirtualBox user then you must face VirtualBox is not opening in windows 10 issues because of the reasons such as compatibility issues, outdated drivers, abnormal shutdown and sudden restart of the pc. Don’t panic we are here to help you in this situation. There are various methods to solve “VirtualBox won’t start after windows 10 update” such as:
- VirtualBox Reinstall
- Updates of Graphic Drivers
- Within the compatibility mode, run the app
- 3D graphics acceleration function-Turn OFF
- Using programs and features option
- VirtualBox Reinstall
Normally, due to an incompatibility problem, VirtualBox stops working. You can encounter these malfunctions in most circumstances right after an upgrade to Windows 10.
So, reinstalling VirtualBox on your computer is the right thing to do; here’s what you should follow:
- Right-click the Start icon for Windows.
- Choose the control panel from the list that will be displayed.
- Move to the category and then click Uninstall under Programs.
- Find the entry of the VirtualBox and uninstall it from your computer.
- Make sure all the recently files have been saved successfully.
- Reboot your Windows 10 computer afterward.
- Next, download and install the latest version of VirtualBox by following the prompts on the screen.
- In the end, without further problems, you should be able to find the solution VirtualBox not working on windows 10.
2. Updates of Graphic Drivers
- The initial step is to right-click on the Windows Start icon.
- Hit on Device Manager entry.
- Extend the entry of the Display adapters from the Device Manager. Pick Update by right click on your graphics drivers.
3. Within the compatibility mode, run the app
If reinstalling VirtualBox doesn’t work for you, it’s a good idea to run the program in compatibility mode with Administrator rights:
- Firstly, right-click on the VirtualBox executable file.
- Select the Properties option and go to Compatibility.
- Hit the Run compatibility troubleshooter or check‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ field.
- Then save your modifications and run the program with administrator rights.
- Then you will find that VirtualBox now opens on your Windows 10 system.
4. 3D graphics acceleration function-Turn OFF
- On any blank space from Desktop do right-click.
- From the list appears on the screen select Graphics properties to open.
- Then select Basic Mode and click Ok.
- Browse 3D option.
- From this screen disable 3D graphics acceleration.
5. Using the Programs and Features option
- From the left bottom corner, right-click on the Windows Start logo.
- Choose Programs & Features option next.
- Click on Turn Windows Features On or Off from the next window.
- You will see a list of folders, find the Hyper-V entry.
- After finding, expand Hyper-V and turn it On.
- At last, reboot your Windows 10 system.
Notice: VirtualBox can only run if you have capable virtualization CPU while BIOS needs to allow the virtualization functionality.
In this blog, we learned how to fix VirtualBox not working on windows 10.
Also, we have discussed all the related issues with VirtualBox with many manual methodologies. I hope, this resolved the issue of yours.