Mould can often grow undetected in your home, such as in air ducts, near your plumbing, in crawl spaces, and underneath floorboards. Left untreated, this mould can put people’s health at risk and damage your property. But it is possible to detect potential mould growth with infrared cameras.
ICE Cleaning is a specialist cleaning company that offers thorough and long-lasting mould removal services. Its technicians have been accredited by Dewpoint Professional and are available nationwide, around the clock, 365 days a year.
Keep reading to learn how infrared technology can help you find mould in your home.
How do infrared cameras detect mould growth?
A low-temperature range infrared camera can detect different temperatures. Cold areas indicate the presence of water or moisture which is the main cause of mould.
However, a low temperature reading does not always indicate mould growth or even water intrusion as a temperature differential can be due to a lack of insulation.
Although infrared technology can help you pinpoint areas where mould could potentially grow, there are plenty of other ways to detect hidden mould growth.
The signs of hidden mould growth
- There is a musty, damp, or earthy smell in your home: when mould grows, it produces volatile organic compounds (VOCs) which have an unpleasant odour.
- You are suffering from allergies: mould produces allergens which can trigger an allergic reaction including a runny nose, coughing, skin rashes, and an itchy throat. If you experience these symptoms and they persist for a long period of time, it could be down to mould.
- You are experiencing respiratory problems: for people with pre-existing respiratory conditions, mould spores can cause respiratory infections. You may experience coughing, sneezing, chest pain, and a fever. It could even trigger asthma attacks.
- The walls in your home are warping: bubbling, cracking, and warping are signs of moisture behind the paint and wallpaper which means mould could be growing there, too.
- The flooring is squishy: just like on your walls, this is a sign of moisture in your subfloor which may also indicate mould growth.
- Your attic insulation looks lumpy: leaks in your roof can lead to your insulation getting damp which might result in mould.
A mould removal company, like ICE Cleaning, can tackle all the mould in your home, including mould growing in difficult-to-reach or hidden areas. Its mould specialists can even diagnose the root cause of your mould problem and advise on how to prevent it in the future.
With every mould remediation the company offers a lifetime guarantee* so if it returns, they will also get rid of it for free.
You can find out more about ICE Cleaning on its website.
*subject to advisories